Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Together

Tonight at the Make a Difference Tour, Max Lucado said that when we worship, we are feeling God's muscles, feeling His strength, which makes us stronger.  I like that.  It's especially true when you are with thousands of people worshipping at a concert with TobyMac, Third Day, Jason Gray, and Michael W. Smith.

But as great as the music was, and as great as it was being there, I found myself at several points looking for the people of Christ Community Church, who were in a few different places in the arena.  I wasn't sitting with them, but I was still with them as I enjoyed the show.  I also saw several people that I knew, including Stan Wierson, who mentored me into ministry.  Somehow, the concert was better because all of these people I knew were there to share the experience.

I think this is true for much of life.  Experiencing life with others is what makes the journey more joyous during the great parts, and more bearable through the tough parts.

Part of tonight's experience was an invitation to sponsor children through WorldVision.  At the Pastors' dinner before the concert, we were asked to have a Make a Difference Weekend at our churches.  If you would like to sponsor a child, you will have the opportunity to sign up in December.

Practice your faith every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment